How Do I Get Motorcycle Training in Colorado?

Would it surprise you to learn that many motorcyclists who crash in our state don’t have a motorcycle license? In 2011, NHTSA claimed that one in four motorcycle riders involved in a fatal accident did not have a valid license. This has led quite a few people to believe that a lack of motorcycle training might be contributing to many motorcycle accidents. That’s one of the reasons why Colorado has Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) courses, but do you know where to sign up?

Do You Know Where to Go for Motorcycle Training?

In May, the Colorado Legislature did something that shook the foundations of the motorcycling community in our state. It declared that the Colorado Department of Transportion (CDOT) would no longer be in charge of MOST training. The Colorado State Patrol (CSP) will now be in charge of the program and that has left many safety advocates on the edge of their seats.

They have been afraid that this shift in leadership might freeze the courses, and remove a valuable tool for motorcyclist to be trained. You see, you can take your MOST completion card to your local state driver’s license office to get an M class endorsement. It is an easier yet more comprehensive way to get your M endorsement. If the program freezes during the transition from CDOT to CSP, then some are concerned that new riders might skip the essential program, or skip acquiring their license all together.

Luckily, CDOT is still endorsing MOST training, even as the program transfers to CSP control. You can still visit CDOT’s Ride Wise website for info on finding a class near you. Plus, the attorneys who ride will do our best to keep you updated about the latest changes to Colorado’s motorcycle safety programs.

Tom Metier

Tom Metier

Want to know more about Tom Metier ? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 103.5 The Fox!


Content Goes Here